You know A&K Global Health maximizes healthcare access, affordability, and quality everywhere we work. But how exactly do we do it, you ask? Though implementation is challenging and complex, our approach is simple: serving as healthcare management thought leader and “connector” of relevant parties, we facilitate positive exchange between national health systems for the benefit of all stakeholders.
Take December 2016, for example. To cap a year during which we oversaw unprecedented collaboration between East African and Indian health sectors, increasing both national and international patient care, we managed a visit by Kenya’s National Hospital Insurance Fund (NHIF) leadership to a collection of our Indian partner hospitals that treat NHIF beneficiaries.
From 7-10 December 2016, our Delhi and Bangalore staffs welcomed four top NHIF officials. The delegation received briefings from A&K Global Health leaders and visited BLK Hospital, Fortis Memorial Research Institute (FMRI), and Artemis Hospital in Delhi; Columbia Asia, Fortis, and BGS Global Hospitals in Bangalore; Sri Ramakrishna Multispecialty Hospital in Coimbatore; and Fortis and Global Hospitals in Chennai.
“A&K Global Health regularly hosts NHIF delegations to India,” said Aleksandra Golota, Senior Relations Manager. “While these trips are partly prophylactic checks, ensuring all hospitals are fully meeting expectations, they deliver much more than quality assurance. They facilitate direct relationship building between our partner institutions, and create fresh opportunities for collaboration.”
- Numerous BLK medical departments briefed, and toured the delegation around, their respective sections. BLK’s cardiac department asserted their willingness to partner with Kenyan hospitals participating in the NHIF cardiac surgery program.
- FMRI discussed its desire for a special relationship with the NHIF, including designing packages specifically for NHIF beneficiaries, and proudly introduced the delegates to two NHIF members currently in its care.
- Artemis announced its plans to increase capacity by adding a new tower with 150 patient beds, raising its total capacity from 450 to 600 beds.
- Columbia Asia briefed the delegation on its recent soft launch of a clinic in Kenya. Specializing in family and internal medicine, it offers health checks as well as telemedicine, so patients can consult remotely with specialists.
- Fortis Bangalore shared plans to open a dedicated oncology block by April 2017, addressing a major treatment demand among NHIF beneficiaries.
- BGS Bangalore and NHIF discussed cooperating with Kenyan hospitals to help treat patients who cannot afford, whether clinically or financially, to travel for care.
- Sri Ramakrishna’s CEO and NHIF’s delegates connected over a commitment to corporate social responsibility: Ramakrishna described its program providing free treatment to Tamil Nadu state pediatric cancer patients, while NHIF presented its new initiative sponsoring a surge of cardiac interventions throughout Kenya, including a recent surgical mission focused specifically on complex pediatric procedures.
- With Fortis Chennai, which has completed 60 heart transplants since 2010 and the most pediatric heart transplants in India, NHIF traded success stories from its own cardiac surgery program. Fortis invited NHIF to send Kenyan doctors to Chennai for additional training.
- Global Hospital Chennai highlighted its advanced surgical capabilities through a presentation by a surgeon who has performed more than 900 pediatric liver transplants, including one 5-year-old – a Guinness World Record! The highlight of this visit was the delegation’s meeting with an NHIF-sponsored patient undergoing a lung transplant at Global Hospital.
“It was a pleasure welcoming NHIF around India,” said Saraladevi Gangadhara, Director of A&K Global Health’s Treatment Management Center in Bangalore. “We look forward to continuing our close collaboration with NHIF, and liaising with our Indian hospital partners, to serve NHIF’s patients and domestic healthcare providers in 2017 and beyond.”
In the photograph above: A representative of Global Hospitals in Chennai, India (left) warmly welcomes A&K Global Health Kenya National Director Stephen Masinde (right) and the accompanying NHIF delegation to his facility.
In the photograph below: NHIF delegation members, A&K Global Health leaders, and BLK Hospital clinicians and staff join together for a photo during the NHIF’s December visit to Delhi, India.
A&K Global Health
A&K Global Health is a worldwide leader in realizing transparent, affordable, effective and innovative solutions to complex health challenges. We connect you with the right care for your needs, from coordinating international medical travel to facilitating quality local and regional treatment. We also optimize the impact of health institutions by introducing transparency, control and customization to the medical, financial and experiential aspects of your journey. A&K Global Health is dedicated to empowering you to reach your highest health. Contact us today to learn how we can support you.